Human Rights & Peace [SCORP]
SCORP, the Standing Committee on Human Rights and Peace, is the newest one of the six Standing Committees of IFMSA – Egypt. In Egypt, SCORP was initiated in 2007 to gather medical students from different universities around Egypt and guide them to share in and advocate for humanitarian issues and promote relevant projects in Egypt.
We aim to create a sense of social responsibility in the form of advocating for human rights, supporting vulnerable groups and those in crisis, and to take an active role in charity work. As future physicians, we aim to work on improving the doctor-patient relation by advocating for patients’ rights.
The Standing Committee on Human Rights and Peace adopts a unique position within the stands of IFMSA-Egypt’s standing committees with its ability to fulfill unlimited networking potentials on a national and international level on the stage of human rights promotion world. Our mission is to offer Egypt’s future physicians a comprehensive introduction to humanitarian issues. We are dedicated to work towards empowering and improving the life of vulnerable people and alleviating the pain of those suffering.
1. To provide better understating on how to deal with vulnerable groups, and educate medical students and professionals about the social welfare of underprivileged people and other vulnerable populations.
2. Create a sense of social responsibility in the form of advocating for human rights, supporting vulnerable groups and those in crisis
3. Work on improving the doctor-patient relation by advocating for patients’ rights
4. To work on surrounding patients with a psychologically healthy atmosphere, and supporting them, to provide better healing.
5. Abolishing the barrier between people in the community and increasing the communication between them.
1- Peace aims at eradicating violence and accelerating equality among youth, also concentrating on complete understanding of the variation and differences between others and to accept each other.
2- Human right aims at increasing the awareness of the society of their rights and at standing for them especially for minorities and protecting their rights through highly educated society
3- Cancer patient reinforcement aims at increasing the awareness on how to deal with cancer patient psychology and caring for their feelings, especially children as they are highly vulnerable for psychological damage.
4- Blood donation aims at advocating and increasing the awareness on the importance of blood donation and how it can save a lot of lives.